Your all-inclusive adventure will include the following:
Why 4 days vs 7 days?
Our 7-day adventure includes Grand Canyon National Park, and the 4 day does not, but guests should fully understand what to expect on this 4-day trip.
There is a difference between long days in the park and exhausting days in the park. The Expedition Cruiser is the prescription for exhaustive days that take all your energy away. We will leave daily around 8am and not return until around 8 in the evening, but the pace of travel is designed to preserve time, energy and to not feel rushed. This allows guests who have limited time or budget to travel to feel like they missed something on a shorter vacation.
Meals, Restrooms and Parking
- Our Chef will prepare all three meals a day plus all snacks, desserts and refreshments. There is no need for long lines at restaurants, limited menus with mediocre offerings, and slow service. The time we spend in the park is efficient and considerate of our guests’ individual needs. Blood sugar levels are maintained throughout the day with timely, drinks, fresh fruit, tasty fresh snacks and all meals served in scenic locations. Meals will be made to order and meet the needs of those who have food allergies, or other dietary restrictions.
- The Expedition Cruiser is equipped with a spacious restroom with two stations for hand washing and freshening up.
- The National Park provides nice restrooms but are sometimes spaced out over long distances. These rest breaks also often have very long lines so after a long stretch of “holding it”, travelers are often expected to “hold it” another 20 to 30 minutes.
- The Expedition Cruiser can take advantage of bus parking which is at the front of every stop. When there is not parking available, the guide can get off with the guests, and then the Expedition Cruiser will return when they are radioed by the Guide. This saves a lot of time and enables our guests to seize the moment when an animal sighting is available.
We chose the Lodge at Bryce Canyon and the Zion Lodge because it allows each guest to explore on their own when not with the National Park Travel Club Guide. There are alternative options that will save $100.00 per night, but still are safe and clean if guests want to save money. Please communicate this desire at the time of booking.
Tour start and end location.
- The tour starts at 1:00 pm on the day of departure. Guests will be picked up at the St. George Regional Airport or the hotel of the guest’s choice near the airport. Please get pre-approval for hotel pickup prior to booking your room if you plan to arrive early.
- The tour ends at 12:30 pm on the final day. Guests will be taken to the St. George Regional Airport on the final day. If guests choose to stay an extra day in St. George, please get pre-approval for hotel drop-off before booking your room.
National Park Travel Club provides seating for 14 travelers aboard the Expedition Cruiser. Small groups give guests the ability to fully relax and not be rushed. The Expedition Cruiser gives travelers ample room to see the region with full views, space to relax, and the full attention from their guides. Fewer people equal more focus and less hassle.
Bryce Canyon has multiple types of trails, vistas and lookouts for hiking and adventure. You guide will offer guided hikes, but guests can choose to use the transit system to explore on their own if they choose. Zion also has several hiking and leisure stroll options that are easily accessed by the convenient and free transit system if you choose to not stay with your guide. Horseback riding in Bryce Canyon and hiking the Narrows with our guide must be scheduled before departure as they are not included in the trip price. The Narrows hike is included, but if a guest wants to rent waders or special shoes, it is not included and must be pre-ordered.
Why did National Park Travel Club choose these dates for visiting Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks?
Many people who visit the Southwest are unaware that the region is home to not four seasons but five, the fifth being monsoon season. Every July and August, the climate changes dramatically from the dry arid climate of May and June to one of humidity and seasonal rains. This weather change is important to consider when planning a visit to the Southwest during monsoon Season. People planning an active vacation like hiking or backpacking through the Grand Canyon, Zion, Canyonlands, or other less-known areas are often heavily affected by the Monsoon storms.
In addition to monsoon considerations, the weather is much more moderate during April, May, September and October. This makes for a more relaxed tour and perfect for seeing the attractions and beauty of the Southwest.
National Park Travel Club provides travel solution with multi-generational options. Activities are classified in our itineraries as Leisure, Adventure and Scenic.
Tour itineraries are built strategically to have a complete offering for all ages and activity levels. Some activities may not be of interest to some travelers, so they are not always included in the price of the tour.
Included your all-inclusive tour is the porterage of luggage to and from your hotel room when arriving or departing.
The Expedition Cruiser
Remote destinations offer all kinds of challenges to even the most well-planned traveler. The sole purpose of the Expedition Cruiser is to provide a relaxing environment for each guest while offering the comforts that are not available on alternative modes of transportation. While the Expedition Cruiser may have many bells and whistles that are rarely used, it has the essential tools that enhance the wonders of the National Parks. Designed with the purpose of giving guests a complete small group experience while also catering to individual’s needs, the Expedition Cruiser boasts leather couches, two private lounges with seating up to eight, seating at tables, multiple central heating and air zones, full kitchen, hot and cold towel service, multiple charging stations for electronic devices, in-transit satellite television, wireless internet, closets for coats and bags, and a lavatory that has a flushing commode and hot water for washing your hands. 2020 motor coaches will also offer multiple six-way captain chairs that rotate degrees.
Our Staff, Drivers, Guides, Hospitality
Our drivers have pristine driving records and extensive technical knowledge of the motor coach, ensuring your safety and well-being during your trip.
Our Guides and Hospitality Crew are passionate about educating and sharing their experiences with our guests while prioritizing your comfort and individual needs above all else.